Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Needed to make a Warranty Claim on our LCD Television

Needed to make a Warranty Claim on our LCD Television guys. A quite annoying trait had started to occur where the screen starting showing a green tinge all over where black or shadowed areas should be.Below are the very same photos I took whilst this was occurring in case it did not happen when they came and picked to up for testing.


The good news thus far is all it took was an email with the photos to Kogan Support and they agreed there was a problem, they sent me a form to fill out and a courier rocked up the next day to pick it up. If you recall I said it was a good idea to keep all the packaging from your purchase for this very reason as the onus is on you to pack it securely for the courier etc...That was Friday 12th June 2009 and they only received the telly at their office yesterday 16th June 2009. I wrote to find out how it was going and got this answer a few hours later today

Hi Rob,We apologise for the delay in getting back to you. Your TV was delivered to us on the 15 June. It is due to be examined by our technicians today - I should be able to update you further tomorrow.Kindest Regards,Josh


Kogan Technologies www.kogan.com.au



So that is where we sit at this stage. I do not yet know if it will be repaired or replaced just yet but certainly it was unwatchable as it was, so stay tuned guys I will let you know how it all goes over the next few days.

2 comments:

Marine Engineer said...

Come on Rob, it's been a while since you posted. Waiting to see the outcome of your dilemma. Did you get your TV away alright? And more importantly did you get it back repaired or replaced? I bought a 47" just after you bought yours. No problems yet. I'm hoping now I don't have any at all. Also I recommended Kogan to a friend of mine. He's ordered a 42" and awaiting delivery now. I found out about your problem just after he made his purchase.

Rob said...

sorry mate, I was using an offline blog thing which was useless. Updated with a new post, but yes telly came back spot on, replaced colour controller(???) and did a firmware update and it has been great, just as it was before the tinge problem.

So very happy again. I did crack it at the time, and if they could not ensure it would be fixed by the end of that day, I said I expect a NEW one. To my surprise KOGAN agreed, although I would of had to wait until August shipment....

So enjoy your telly, and I would be happy to still recommend these to all my friends and family, because when it came to a problem, they fixed it.What more could I want...
Cheers